A rundown of club, festival and other venue announcements around the US.
Miami clubs have been full-on for months. Meanwhile, June 15th is listed as California's full reopening date, with new parties and club dates being announced each day. New York City is also coming back online, from smaller venues to massive warehouse raves. NYC has also rolled out the country's first electronic vaccine "passport," dubbed the Excelsior Pass.
For on-the-ground reporting, read Kiana Mickles' recent feature, The Return Of Events: New York City
Here's where we'll keep you posted on the latest in event announcements and the reopening of nightlife in the United States.
Last updated: 11:54 PM BST, June 10th
Friday, June 11th
• Mister Sunday will take place every Sunday at Nowadays from now through the end of October. Proof of vaccination is required.
Thursday, June 10th
• DJ Harvey will play an open-to-close set La Plaza de Cultura y Artes in Los Angeles on Saturday, July 31st.
New York, Miami and Los Angeles
• CircoLoco announces a North America tour. The first stop is New York for Halloween weekend, followed by Miami on December 3rd for an Art Basel party and Los Angeles the next day for a day into night event.
Friday, June 4th
• Southern California festival mainstay Coachella has announced its 2022 dates. As usual, the massive festival will take place at Empire Polo Club over two weekends in April, presumably with identical lineups. Weekend one will run April 15th through 17th, with Weekend two happening April 22nd through 24th. Waitlist is open for Weekend One, with Weekend Two up for presale now.
Thursday, June 3rd
• Floyd nightclub, which hasn't held any in-person events from March 2020 to April this year, hosts Anfisa Letyago, Nicola Cruz, Nick León, Anthony Parasole and Manfredas throughout the month of June.
• ATV Records has a full month of parties planned, with the likes of Nicolas Lutz (June 4th), DJ Minx (June 18th) & Mike Dunn (June 19th) heading to the Sunshine State. For full details check out the club and record store's RA page.
• Kicking off on July 2nd, Teksupport returns with a summer warehouse party series called BACK, featuring the likes of The Martinez Brothers, Bedouin, Seth Troxler and more all throughout the month of July.
• After operating as a bar and restaurant for most of the pandemic, this Friday, June 4th, Mood Ring is reopening its dance floor to the public for the first time in over a year. The event brings a local lineup comprising DJ YT, Tomu DJ and more. The following night, DJ duo musclecars will continue the reopening momentum with their first Coloring Lessons party since the start of the pandemic.
• As of June 2nd, Bossa Nova Civic Club has opened their dance floor. On Sunday, June 6th, Kush Jones and MoMA Ready are playing all night long, and we wouldn't be surprised if the night concluded with an exhilarating back-to-back.
• A veteran of Chicago's underground, Hiroki Yamamura will play The Sultan Room on June 25th as part of the venue's Pride programming.
• Prior to entry, many clubs in New York are requiring the Excelsior Pass, a government-issued vaccine passport created by New York State. Read more about the service and other ways clubs are working to keep guests safe in our first Return Of Events feature.
• Rhonda is back with their sprawling Return To Rhondavous event, set to go down at Catch One on Saturday, June 26th. The lineup is still TBA, yet the promoter promises "Ten DJs, five rooms, two floors, no inhibitions."
• Compound, an amalgam of LA techno promoters, has a venue TBA >all-night party set for June 26th, featuring local techno heroes Developer, Silent Servant and more.
• Marble Bar will welcome Scott Zacharias to its patio dance floor on June 4th, with Patrice Scott, Norm Talley & Big Strick sharing a bill on Saturday, June 5th.
• Tied returns to its series of boat parties on June 6th, this time with Janaret at the decks.
Photo credit: Alexander Popov